Welcome to the NWKFHS Blog

Monday 19 December 2011

Kent Photo Archive. The War & Peace Collection-Almost 4000 WWII and 1950's photo's of Kent. Continuing with The Royal Academy Pictures-a supplement to The Magazine of Art (founded in 1838) 1892 Edition (Part 4)-MASTER SAMUELL. of Ahdi, I8, Lower Fort Street "Sydney. Jan. 15, 1892.

Kent Photo Archive.

The Kent Photo Archive is a site worth looking at for Victorian and Edwardian pictures of Churches and Towns of Kent. There is a Medway Collection, Ashford and Snodland Collections as well as well as other places in Kent. Kent Photo Archive

The War & Peace Collection-Almost 4000 WWII and 1950's photo's of Kent.

Through the same site you can access almost 4000 photographs, the majority taken in Kent during WWII and into the 1950's. "The Rex Cadman Collection of Glass Plate images depicting military personnel and equipment, wartime training and civilian life before, during and after the Second World War".  War and Peace Photographs

Kent Photo Archive archives .is also asking for any help in identification of location and or people for those photographs that they have no information about.




Continuing with The Royal Academy Pictures-a supplement to The Magazine of Art (founded in 1838) 1892 Edition (Part 4).
Master Samuell of  Ahdi, I8, Lower Fort Street "Sydney. Jan. 15, 1892
 
" Ahdi, I8, Lower Fort Street  "Sydney. Jan. 15, 1892.

MR. Mellin,-Dear Sir,--It has been my intention for some months to write and tell you how very much I appreciate your splendid FOOD FOR INFANTS. My eldest boy I gave it continually, and is now two-and-a.half years of age. He is considered to be very strong and a fine boy. I send you a photo herewith, so you will be able to judge for yourself. l\Iy second was a premature birth, and was not expected to survive for months. As soon as he could take food I began giving him Mellins. at first one teaspoonful a day; now he has nine teaspoonfuls, is ten months old, and improving daily. It assimulated with my own nourishment perfectly. I have also taken:it myself-with good results. I cannot speak too highly of your preparation, and would recommend it to all and everyone. You can make whatever use you please of this letter for publication, also photo. if you would like it. Would you kindly forward me the Portrait Album of Children you mention in your advertisement, also a sample of your Biscuits, which I cannot purchase here, and greatly
oblige, " Yours sincerely. D SAMUELL

No comments:

Post a Comment